Plans to bring Air Asia and Vistara under Air India, Tata Group started a big exercise

Highlights

Air India CEO and Managing Director Campbell Wilson has formed a team.
This team Air will discuss ways to better synergy between the three airlines.
Tata Group aims to bring all airline businesses under Air India by 2024.

Mumbai. The Tata Group has started working on the option of merging Air Asia and Vistara with Air India. Sources said that this decision has been taken to create better operational synergy between the three airlines. The Tata Group took over the control of Air India in January this year. In October last year, the Tata group acquired Air India for 18 thousand crores.

According to news agency PTI, sources said, a team has been formed under the leadership of the company’s Director of Operations RS Sandhu for the option of merging Air Asia and Vistara with Air India. These employees of the company will conduct assessments to enhance operational synergy between Air India Express and AirAsia India as well as Air India and Vistaar.

Also read- ‘Vihaan.AI’ will change the picture of Air India, these big changes will happen in next 5 years, target of 30% market share

The team will submit the complete plan within a year
Air India CEO and Managing Director Campbell Wilson has formed this team. The team will consider ways to create better synergy between Air India Express and AirAsia India and Air India and Vistaar and to achieve the merger target. According to sources, this team has been asked to submit its plan within a year.

Such speculations are being made that the Tata Group plans to merge AirAsia India with Air India Express in a year. Tata Group aims to bring all airline businesses under Air India by 2024.

Also read- TATA Sons will take a big step to revive Air India, plans to raise $ 4 billion

The Tata group took control of Air India and its affordable international arm Air India Express from the government in January this year. Apart from this, it has 83.67 percent stake in Air Asia India. On the other hand, Tata Sons holds 51 percent stake in Vistara and Singapore Airlines holds the remaining 49 percent stake.

Tags: Air India, Airline News, Tata

,

Source link

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: