Aadhar Card is an important document, which is being used everywhere. Apart from opening an account in the bank, it is used for making passport, taking benefits of government schemes and other important works. In such a situation, if your address changes and the new address is not updated on the card, then your work may stop.
On the other hand, even if you are living in a rented house or have changed your house, then it is necessary to change the address in the Aadhar card. Here is how you can update address in Aadhaar card. You can change the new address in Aadhar card sitting at home.
how to change address in aadhar card online
- First of all go to the Aadhar website uidai.gov.in.
- After that go to ‘My Aadhaar’ option.
- Then click on Update Your Aadhaar option.
- Now click on the option to update address in Aadhar card.
- After that login, in which you enter 12 digit Aadhaar number, captcha code and click on send OTP.
- You can log in by entering the OTP received on the registered number.
- Now go to Update Aadhaar and then click on Proceed to Aadhaar.
- Now you will get the option of the current address or the address you want to change.
- Here you have to enter the new address and then choose the option of a supporting document, which contains your new address.
- Then select the check box and click on Next.
- After this you will have to pay Rs 50, after payment you will get a receipt.
- Address will be updated in Aadhar card in 24 hours.
Kill documents needed to change address
If you want to change the address given on Aadhar, then to change the address, you need to change the address: Passport, Bank Statement / Passbook, Post Office Account Statement / Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Card / Service Photo Identity Card. such documents as are required.