Latest Update (05 April 2022) Axis Bank has now increased the minimum balance of its savings account from 10000 to 12000. Along with this, the limit of free cash transactions has also been reduced from 2 lakhs to 1.5 lakhs. This means that now Axis Bank account holders will have to maintain more balance and do fewer transactions than before to avoid charges.
This minimum balance limit has been increased for only a few metro and urban area accounts whose earlier minimum balance amount used to be 10000. In such a situation, account holders can shift their account to any other type of account of Axis Bank and new customers can already open Axis Bank Zero Balance Account or account with very low balance requirement.
Open Axis Bank Savings Account
If you want to open an account in Axis Bank account, then its process is given below, by following step by step you can open an online account very easily.
There are two ways to open Axis Savings Account –
#1 Open Account By Web
1. To apply online, you need Axis Bank Website Visit |
2. There in Apply Now , Click on Saving Account –
3. After which you will have to give your personal information, such as –
- email id
- State & City
- Mobile Number etc.
4. Then fill the Captcha Code and submit it by ticking on T&C.
5. After submitting you will get the information on email or mobile number.
6. After which their employee will come to your home and complete the process of opening your account.
7. To check the balance after the account is created, you can go to this link Axis Bank Balance Check can do.
#2 Axis ASAP Account
There is another way in which you can open Axis ASAP Instant Account. To open it you just need to give your Aadhar + PAN card and few minutes –
1. First Axis Bank Mobile App Download do |
2. Now on the Home Page of the App , Go to Open with Adhaar.
3. After that you have to enter your personal information.
4. Then you have to tick T&C and do Next.
5. After which you have to do OTP Verification.
6. After all, I have to give you some more small information.
7. Finally after setting your Nominee and PIN, your account will be activated immediately.
So you have seen how you can easily open your Axis Bank Savings Account.
Note – You can ask us any question related to your bank in the Comment Box.
#3 Eligibility & Document
Now let’s talk about what are the eligibility to open Axis Bank Account and what documents will be required –
To open an account, a person should be a citizen of India and his age should be above 18 years. Along with this, keep in mind that you cannot open two same accounts in the same bank. If we talk about documents, then for that you will have to submit the following documents –
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- 2 Passport Size Photo
- Active Mobile Number
- Required Capital for Minimum Balance
Now it can also happen that some other documents can also be given for ID proof and address proof like Driving License, Passport, Voter ID etc. Also, sometimes there is no need to deposit the minimum balance when the account is of zero balance.
Complain to Axis Bank Axis Bank Toll Free Number on|
#4 Axis Bank Minimum Balance
The minimum balance in Axis Bank is fixed on the Types of Accounts –
|Initial Funding||Metro- Rs.16,000 Urban – Rs.15,000 Semi Urban – Rs.6,000 Rural – Rs.3,000|
|Average Balance Required across all locations||Metro – Rs. 12,000, Urban – Rs. 12,000, Semi Urban – Rs. 5,000, Rural – Rs. 2,500|
|Average Balance Required (Metro & Urban)||Average Monthly Balance (AMB) of Rs. 12,000|
|Average Balance Required (Semi Urban)||Average Monthly Balance (AMB) of Rs. 5,000|
|Average Balance Required (Rural)||Average Monthly Balance (AMB) of Rs. 2,500|
|Account Service Fee (Metro & Urban & Semi Urban)||Monthly Service Fee (MSF) of Rs.5 for every Rs.100 shortfall in required balance plus Rs. 75 or Rs. 300, whichever is lower, with a minimum charge of Rs. 75. Waived off if AMB is maintained.|
As you have seen above, the minimum balance for metro and urban areas is 12000, while for semi-rural it is 5000 and for rural, this minimum balance is 2500, with the same charges for all.
#5 Interest Rate & Charges
Interest rate offered on Axis Bank savings account –
|Account Balance||Interest Rate|
|less than 50 lakhs||3.5%|
|50 lakh to 100 crore||4%|
|more than 100 crores||6%|
Talking about the charges, here the charges for almost all the accounts are the same –
- The account service fee is Rs 100 to 350.
- Debit card charges are 0 to 150 rupees. And
- Closure Charges for all accounts is Rs.500.
For more information you can ask your question in the comment box.
Axis Bank’s Customer Care Number is 1860 419 5555 (Toll Free).